Plans for 2015 so far…
If anyone’s been wondering where that Kids book blogger with the silly name is, well she’s been rather busy. Real Life got a tad on the hectic side before Xmas and it’s only going to get more busy in 2015. However, this is not a bad thing, it is in fact a brilliant thing because it means that I have, at last, started my librarian course!
I’ve been applying for librarian jobs for a good few years now but even though I work in an more-than-applicable field I’ve found that I keep getting turned down, usually the only reason being I’m not a qualified librarian. Well yah boo sucks to those guys, I’m on a course now to get me that all important box ticked off and then look out School Libraries! BooKa Uhu will be out and about and ready to dive in big time! 😀
So, plans for 2015:
- Library course to become a kicking butt librarian 🙂
- Find a school library willing to employ me unleash a full-on book fanatic on the school and to find a form of literacy for everyone.
- Finish revamping the school library that in the meantime has been kind enough to let me have my way with it (making sure to involved the kids in it as much as possible because, well, it’s their library not mine!)
- Start a regular storytime post on this blog. I’ve been doing story times for a while and thought I should really share because God knows, it’s tricky setting this sort of thing up first time if you’re not that experienced. Some books work, some don’t etc.
- Write up a couple of querying posts. There’s been a couple of things about Kids publishing in general that have been bugging me for a while now and I’m wondering whether a blog post might get me either some answers or some more information.
- Follow the Greenaway/Carnegie prize. This could be a tough one because finding time to read will be trickier than ever this year but still,it would be great to follow. And review of course 🙂
So, those are the plans so far! Here’s hoping I get to tackle them!